Saturday 1 October 2011

First attempt to show photos

The Buderim Quilt group asked me to participate in their year long quest to raise funds for breast cancer research by having a show and tell, last week. Once I had searched all the cupboards, I had 43 , some not quite finished and some I had not looked at for 10 - 12 years !
Must say I really enjoyed the evening - like being re-acquainted with old friends !
I even made a pile of the unfinished ones, favourite on top. A few reminders over the next couple of years would be most welcome !!!
So, lets give it a go - ok, not quite where I hoped, but here's a smile to start. This is a baby size, freehand cut and pieced hanging with 3d batik flowers.  I used satin stitching for the appliques and uneven borders for a cute and happy quilt.













Whoops, I think that all my jpgs must be enormous so shall have to do a bit of editing. Gadzooks, what a trial !!!!

1 comment: